Saturday, September 09, 2006

And Love Will Be Enough

When the muffled sounds die
And absolute silence laughs aloud;
When the dim lights fade,
And distressing darkness drowns this world;
When Death sings her sweet lullaby
And I sink tired into her arms;
I know you shall come then,
And wake me up
From this long drawn sleep
One Fine Day.


And then my love, Love will be enough. For the look in your eyes, for a touch that blocks out the world, Love will be enough. For the shoulder to lean on, for my distress in your tears, Love will be enough. For the escape we make, for the rain we soak in, for the sunshine on your face, for the caress you give, for the life we lead, Love will be enough. For your unspoken words, for the dreams we share, for the nod of knowing, for the storms we brave, for my soulmate and me, Love will be enough. For you to complete me, for liking my vices, for cherishing my virtues, for stealing the kisses, Love will be enough. For teasing my hair, for watching the stars, for holding my hand, for sheltering my sleep, for touching my soul, Love will be enough. For the healing touch, for hugging my dreams, for the heart laid bare, Love will be enough.




This was written when someone proffered " Love is not enough". And I thought to myself, "Love is always enough. If it isn't enough for you, you ain't the right guy honey".

4 comments:

Pradeep Dhyani said...

Nice .. Really good one.. Like your style.. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

A well crafted poem. Sujatha has boiled down her lines and has written heartrendering verses. The exquisite lyrical gestures are of a certain class, and i couldnt stop myself from telling her to publish. It clearly shows that she is sifting through detritus, persumably to find healing. To summarise in a word, its just "awesome".

Anonymous said...

Sujatha has expressed love in the most heart rending manner. Love is what her verses say. She should publish her poems as early as possible.

Raj said...

This one is awesome.loved it.