Friday, February 19, 2016

Will She?







Will she be around?
When I get there
Tell me with a loud laugh again
How she got there first
Which corner has the best view,
What paradise fools live in.

Will she look at me again?
And ask why I never changed
Why I always loved too much
And yet say it with a softness
That betrays her understanding.

Will she tell me again?
That dying is just another game
And that she won it first
And all that she now regrets
Is ‘No Coffee in Paradise’!

Will she be angry again?
That I never kept my word
Never got around to meet
The myriad people she knew
Who could have been my friends too?

Will she promise me this time?
In her own indomitable way
That she shall never leave again
'Coz friends don’t go away.

4 comments:

Viji Athreye said...

Amazing Sujatha...a beautiful tribute to a lovely friend

AJANTA said...

Just loss of words Sujata ...Too good and truly a "beautiful tribute" as quoted by Viji ... :-)

Theselectivebaker said...

Pierced through ......

Soumyendu said...

Do you really think you loved too much? And why should there be an embargo on coffee beans in your favourite paradise?