Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Freedom

A freedom to live
And a freedom to die
To spread my wings
And skyward fly
A freedom to win
And a freedom to err
To smile through tears
When dreams mine blur.
A freedom from struggle
And a freedom from strife
Give me freedom
To live my life.
A freedom accorded
By fresh spring air
The freedom to treasure
My sunsets fair.
A freedom to love
And a freedom to hate,
I need the freedom
To battle my fate
A freedom to cry
When I’ve lost it all
A freedom to cherish
My rise and fall.
A freedom in life
And a freedom in death
I need freedom
In every breath.

9 comments:

Doell said...

Oh my GOD!!!! You do poetry so nice......the way you weave words to express thoughts is so wonderful!!! I wish I could write like you.....I've read a lot more of your blog than this post....i'll rather tell u 'bout them personally :)

Bliss said...

This ones again a good one....keep writing.

Shy said...

freedom is when the nights are blue
freedom is pondering for clue
freedom is loving sans pain
freedom makes your love to rain

rain on for a lasting life
rain on, but not to bribe
thoughts and will
because, I love you still

babai said...

It is an amazing piece of poetry..fantastic!!Freedom is definitely something that we all would love to have..what can be better than being given the freedom to live the way one wants to...I loved this poetry.

Anonymous said...

this is so beautiful!! wish you all freedom:))

Rehab said...

Love.

Anonymous said...

This is so beautifully written!! May you be a free bird always:)

Ruchie said...

Amen!!

Unknown said...

Only a bird can have that kind of freedom..