Friday, April 20, 2007

Anticipation

Take away my sunrise,
Steeped in golden hues
Shining, smiling fresh
My dreamy languid dawns
Vulcan's teardrops
Into your graceful arms.

Take away my noons
Steeped in blazing tones
Raging burning ochers
Martian spirit
Into your restless soul.

Take away my sunsets
Steeped in russet silks
Sighing painful eves
Sad purple dusks
Dripping Venus
Into your passionate bosom.

Leave alone my midnights
For him to whisper tales
Of passion and painful woes
Into my hungry ears
And dewdrops shed by moonbeams new
Shall sing melodies of our love.


Written in anticipation of the tales (literal ones...stories of Sukumar) that a friend promised to read me every night.

4 comments:

Vinit said...

Nice one Sujatha, keep it up.

Nocturnal said...

i cant carve out in words what i am feeling right now ....

indeed wonderful !!

Amrita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amrita said...

Could you possible live without this anticiaption or should I call it "manna dew" of life? Your feelings that ooze out of your writing shows an earning that is more poignanat than the words you have used. Shall I say you have sung a paen to the pain and hankering for love? beautiful imagery....really made my evening.. [:) yes I am spending my evening with your thoughts]