Wednesday, January 03, 2007

For Maya....

To visualize , to identify with water, watching a faucet did not help and so I stood beneath the shower. Then came the thunderstorm, Kalbaishakhi. I stood in the wild showers and thought myself to be the element of water. Wild and violent, fanned by the strong winds, I beat against the dry earth, dissolving the dust. I was the enraged, I brought the calm. I drenched all, spared none. I saw myself split into drops, yet I united the moment I touched the ground, I was the unstoppable. I cleaned up the dirt and smoke, I cleared the Air and Earth, yet I drew out the creepy, crawly creatures of the dark. Where could one hide from me? You see me, feel me, smell me, think of me, I intoxicate All. Yet my constant downfall frustrated me. Why fall always, my powerful self felt challenged, I felt like rising, like splashing, drenching and dissolving all. I knew I had force, I had power, I felt like using my strength but I knew I could be regulated. My meek self submitted. My life is one of contradictions; the all powerful, the powerless; the tangible yet the shapeless; the clear and the murky; the sweet & the saline; I was cooling and refreshing and yet I could freeze and above all I was the Blessed.

No comments: